7.06.2008

It's been a month...(anyone tired of that title yet)?

After hearing about how much of a slacker I am to people I haven't talked to in over a decade (this one's for you Maria), I have finally sat down for some mental regurgitation.

We are into summer now (which would explain the constant 90+ degree weather and the incredibly dead grass). We are winding down the Fourth of July weekend, and I figured it was a good time to post. It's been a busy month to say the least. We have added a backyard playground (for the kids - not for me), and had a vacation. For said vacation, we went to Julie's family reunion (it was actually a cousin's reunion - but when it is hosted in the Southern mountains, you need to be careful with those types of clarifications).... Okay, Southern jokes/cliche's aside, it was a lot of fun (even for the in-law family members). The fam rented a couple of cabins in the Pidgeon Forge/Gatlinburg area and spent the weekend reminicsing. There was quite a bit to do in the area (take a Myrtle Beach type of area, add Bluegrass and you've pretty much got it) and everyone seemed to have a pretty good time. I saw some folks I haven't seen for a lot of years - and some I've never met so it was a pretty cool time getting to know more of Julie's family.

Other than that, work is getting pretty busy...earning my keep as a busy little coding monkey. Trying to get back into the swing of normal everyday life (a week and a half of vacation is a long time - plus, motivation and I have never seen eye to eye).We have another little family break later on in the summer, so we're are looking forward to that.

Well, off to the gym (yes - it's me). Talk at y'all later.

D

1 comment:

Maria said...

Good job posting!!! Keep it up...I'll be checking back often...lol!